A Donation Now
£50 could provide for medicine for a family
£250 pays for free health checks for a primary school
£480 pays for a doctor for an entire month (2 days per week)
Shifa Clinic – Case study
The rural areas of Zakigonj has an estimated population of 150,000 and is one of the poorest regions of the Sylhet Division. With no access to primary healthcare, they must travel miles to the nearest Upazila Clinic for basic medical needs.
Due to this remoteness of the villages in Sylhet, maternal healthcare is completely inaccessible meaning that 75% of all births in rural Bangladesh do not have a skilled attendant during delivery.
A clinic for the people…
Shifa Clinic has been built to provide free healthcare to impoverished families in Jakigonj. It is expected that we will help around 250 individuals per week with free medicine, vaccinations and immunisation, family planning and counselling.
This clinic will help over 13,000 people every year.
A lifeline for communities…
Professionally trained doctors and nurses will be available to offer free expert treatment and advice to anyone in the district, providing a lifeline for thousands of people living in abject poverty.
What we do:
- Maternal and neonatal healthcare
- Integrated management of childhood illness
- Reproductive health and family planning services
- Immunisation programme
- Free vitamins for children
- Children and adult counselling
- Early diagnosis of severe illness
- Minor injuries A&E / Treatment for minor ailments
Every year we will treat over 13,000 people and provide them with free medicine and primary healthcare. The opening of the clinic means that these people will not have to walk for miles to get to the nearest clinic, they now have a lifeline to hold on to and can look to move forward with confidence.
We have broken the clinic costs down so you can clearly see how much it costs to run this vital service per month:
What your money can buy
- £30 can pay for a trained nurse for a day
- £60 can pay for a doctor for a day
- £100 can pay for medicine for an entire week
- £240 can pay for 2 nurses for a month
- £480 can pay for 2 doctors for a month
Please give what you can and together we can make a real difference to those living in extreme poverty today.
Donate to the Health Appeal